BASIC NOTES

Uranium Companies

There are very few pure uranium companies. Most companies, especially the small exploration type, are active in more than the uranium industry. This blog makes no attempt to guage the percentage of a companies activity that are related to the finding, mining or processing of uraniun. They all do, however, have some uranium activities (to the best of our review).

Merv's Uranium Indices

I have developed two Uranium Indices. They each have the same component stocks but are calculated using different methodologies. My weekly Index is based upon the average weekly performance of the component stocks. My daily Index is based upon the daily average of the component stocks open, high, low and close prices along with the daily average volume of all component stocks.

Click on the chart or table to enlage the view.



19 January 2012

TEMPORARY HIATUS

This is a difficult post for me. Over the past few years I have had the privilege of posting comments and analysis relative to the technical market activities of North American uranium stocks. Unfortunately, things have come into focus recently that cause me to hang up the shingles and finally, after over 45 years following the markets, retire and take some relaxation time with the family. I had previously packed up my Aerospace Consulting business and now am packing up the market guru business.

This is not the end. I hope in some manner to continue commentaries and stock analysis but not on any kind of regular basis. Where I am going with this end of my activities I don’t know at this time but I thought I should let my uranium followers know that regular posting is not in the cards for the future.

I expect to be keeping my Uranium Indices and Weekly Tables up to date for the foreseeable future and may make some use of them from time to time.

My thanks and appreciation to all those who have followed my commentaries and to the many who have provided favorable (and occasionally, unfavorable) comments on the postings.


Merv Burak

26 comments:

Ryan said...

Merv,

Thanks for all of the years of Uranium advice.
Enjoy your time with your family.

All the best,

Ryan

challie said...

Sorry to see you go while others less qualified should go. You called the shots so accurately that this hiatus is shocking. Hope to see you back someday.

Jeff said...

I appreciate your work over the years. Your page is one I visited everyday.

Best of luck, and I hope to continue visiting!

Curtis said...

Thanks Merv for all your insight. Take care and hopefully hear from you sooner than later. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

u have been so generous........wonderful concise simple analysis...... thanks so much and best wishes to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the advice Merv!

jimsuard said...

Thanks for all the excellent work.

You have saved me a ton of $$$$.

Jim

Anonymous said...

Thank you Merv.
I wish you well in your new path and I am sure your Grand kids will appreciate your attention.

Dan Harrison
Kirkland, Washington

Anonymous said...

Hi Merv! Thank you so much for all the commentaries I have been following over the last 4 years. Crazy years to say the least and you have packed these into cool graphs and words. It was great but now it seems the time for you to pursue other activities. Take your rest and have some time with your family. You deserve it! All the best, Markus from Switzerland

Merv said...

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE VERY KIND WORDS.

MERV

Jim in BC said...

Wow...
Yours was one of the few icons on my bookmarks bar.
Sad to see you and your blog go.
Happy trails Merv and, many thanks.
Jim,
Kamloops BC Canada

Jim in BC said...

Wow...
Yours was one of the few icons on my bookmarks bar.
Sad to see you and your blog go.
Happy trails Merv and, many thanks.
Jim,
Kamloops BC Canada

Anonymous said...

Mervs,

Thanks for all the time investments you did in the last years.

You didn't know how you help individual investors to make better decision in uranium sector.

Long life to yourself and yours family.

Daniel from Canada.

Unknown said...

Merv,

Thank you for your insights into uranium investing. You've been great source of unbiased and objective information - hard to find these days!

Mike
Richmond, B.C.

Anonymous said...

Merv,

You the man!!!

Thank you for being part of my day.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Merv,
I have really appreciated your insight over the years. Best of luck!

Bob

Anonymous said...

Will miss reading your commentary, graphs and charts, all the best to you, but would you please reconsider?

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping you enjoy whatever you may choose to do with your time!

Once again, thanks for your uranium tables and technical insights - there's nothing quite like it available elsewhere.

Farewell!

Pete said...

I will miss your commentary and analysis, Thanks, enjoy your retirement, you deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Merv,

Thanks for sharing your time and expertise. It has been a privelege.

Anonymous said...

tiHallo Merv,

Thanks for your great work and research. This blog was a must be for me and all uranium investors. Your work was very helpful for all of us.

In this sense a quotation of Albert Einstein:
"Die besten Dinge im Leben sind nicht die, die man für Geld bekommt. "
"The best things in life are not those, which one receives for money." -Zitat Albert Einstein-

Enjoy your time with your family.

Greetings from Germany, Dresden

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot Merv for your factual comments over the years, I've been reading you for several years now.

My best wishes for your well-deserved time with your family, and don't forget that if you want to resume your comments, you have a crowd of followers !

All the best and Gong Xi fa cai,
Max in Hong Kong

Anonymous said...

Merv: You're a beauty. Your timing is incredible. You finally call the bullish trend and its like you just nailed it to the day. Like the others, I will certainly miss you measured and even insight and comments. Are you sure you don't want to keep this up...like really part time...even once a month or so just to stay in the game? There's no replacement out there...

tturaniuminvest said...

Merv

I would just like to say you are a Gem, with the efforts that you have put in over the Years.

Best of luck in your future, and wish both you and your Family all the best that life can give,


Kind regards Grant



P.S. Thanks for that offer of assistance in Charting that you gave yo me some years back, it's been remembered.


.

BP said...

Merv,
you have only one failing: You have not trained your successor.

Who will it be? I will if you want.

Thanks for all the advice. A gift.

Merv said...

To BP

Send me your email address and we'll see where this goes. My email is mervburak@gmail.com

Merv